HONKERNET Appropriate Use Policy
AHS HonkerNet has been provided to offer all citizens of Arlington, OR and surrounding areas local dialup access to our network including access to the internet. This AUP helps protect HonkerNet and its users from illegal, defamatory, inaccurate, or potentially offensive use of HonkerNet.
By using HonkerNet or by establishing an account you agree to be bound by this agreement and to use HonkerNet in compliance with this agreement, our Acceptable Use Policy, and other user policies.
Members must provide HonkerNet with accurate and complete billing information including legal name, address, telephone number, and primary email address. Charges must be paid within thirty days. Members are responsible for all charges to their account.
1. HonkerNet is not liable for products viewed, information, and services that are viewed through HonkerNet.
2. Do not use HonkerNet to post any unlawful, libelous, threatening, abusive, disruptive, or obscene material or message that would violate the rights of any person or constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law. Use of HonkerNet for violating copyright laws is prohibited.
3. There is no guarantee that files available on the net for downloading will be virus free.
4. HonkerNet is not responsible for misinformation, merchandise, or lost money through Honkernet.
5. No spamming , participating in chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
6. Use of HonkerNet for advertising or promotions of a commercial product or service is prohibited.
7. Some sites may be blocked because HonkerNet is a pre-filtered system. If you wish to request blocked sites please email that site’s webmaster. If the site you wish to view is on the list of blocked sites… you will be re-directed to “google safe search”. Followed links to inappropriate sites will be logged and possibly traced to the individual computer trying to access that site.
8. HonkerNet technical support will support Windows 95/ 98 setup systems. Provided technical support services to other platforms will be extremely limited.
9. Customers are responsible for their account. Please do not share your password. If you know someone has tampered with your account please notify HonkerNet immediately. HonkerNet may terminate your account, with notice, if it believes in sole discrimination that you have violated any of the rules of behavior.
10. Expect HonkerNet services between the hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm to be slower. The wireless Megabit system will be established sometime in the future.
11. POP3 Email capabilities are available at Honkernet Please use your Honkernet email or establish an internet based email account and register it with HonkerNet’s Coordinator: email@example.com
12. Violations of this AUP may result in restricted access or deactivation of your account. Proper notification will precede and decision to disconnect your account
13. These policies are subject to change without notice. See HonkerNet home page for any updates to these policies.please click here to email us for any questions